01 March 2011

blue february

After stating at the end of January that my training is paying dividends, February is a depressing write-off. I manage only two training rides.
The first two days of the month I’m busy logging excess hours at work so I can spend the next five days in Tasmania. On the eighth day I ride up into the Dandenongs. Days nine to eleven I’m professionally engaged, presenting mental health promotion training and attending an all-day youth mentoring meeting in Melbourne’s CBD.
None of this can be helped, but what comes next is a bout of apathy. I’m back at work in Bendigo, but I lose my passion for training for six days until I go to Friday morning pump class at the gym, resulting in the previous posts on back spasm.
On the twenty-sixth I ride to the eucy farm and then my back relapses. It’s a training train wreck. I’m made miserable by my back, depressed that my legs and the bike have done bugger all, and blue with embarrassment, although much of my failure is circumstantial. 
It’s not all blue: time with my good woman in Tassie is a delightful highlight, and so is an exhilarating chat around my kitchen table on 22 February. More of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment